One of our co-founder Rachel’s favorite veggie combos is Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Inspired by a dish that often graces her table, this recipe takes a holiday classic to the next level with a secret ingredient - Amy's Cream of Mushroom Soup!
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Trim the ends off of the Brussels sprouts and slice them in half. Pull off some of the outer leaves and place all onto a baking sheet. Drizzle the Brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until the leaves and outer layer of the sprouts are crispy and golden brown, making sure to stir the Brussels sprouts well about halfway through the cooking time.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, peel and quarter potatoes and place in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover the potatoes and a pinch of salt then bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes at a gentle boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the butter (microwave for roughly 20 seconds). Mix in the Cream of Mushroom Soup and garlic powder.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, strain them then mash them slightly with a potato masher. Add in the mushroom soup/butter mixture and continue to mash the potatoes until they are smooth. Stir in sour cream at the end and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the mashed potatoes with roasted Brussels sprouts and serve.