When the weather isn’t quite warm enough and you still crave nestling down with a bowl of comforting soup. Delicate spring vegetables gently cooked in Amy’s Chunky Tomato Bisque and vegetable broth until just tender and finished with a fresh basil pesto.
- To make the pesto, blend the garlic, basil, pine nuts and Parmesan in a food processor until finely chopped. Gradually pour in the oil until the right consistency. Season to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and fry the leek, zucchini and garlic gently for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the Amy’s Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque and vegetable broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the orzo pasta, cover and cook for a further 8 minutes before adding the peas, broad beans and spinach for a final 2 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is just cooked. Remove from the heat, add the grated Parmesan and season to taste.
- Serve the soup topped with basil pesto and bread for dipping.
Store any remaining pesto in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days. Leftover pesto can be gently tossed through fresh tomatoes and mozzarella.