A simple risotto enhanced and layered with flavors from Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque. Enjoy the ritual of stirring the risotto - comfort eating at its best!
- In a medium-sized pot pour in the Amy’s Kitchen Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque and vegetable broth. Place over a low heat.
- Melt half the butter in a high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and celery and fry for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until just softened.
- Add the risotto rice and stir for 2 minutes until the rice is translucent.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and start to ladle the broth into the rice, stirring well until the rice absorbs all the broth. Keep adding until the rice is just cooked. This can take 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in most of the Parmesan and the remaining butter; cover, leaving the rice to rest for 2 minutes.
- Divide between the serving bowls, top with the fresh tomato, extra Parmesan and basil.
Enjoy tomatoes at their best when in season. Keep tomatoes at room temperature and never in the fridge as this will dull the wonderful flavors.