These savory autumn scones are soft and flakey with a hint of butternut squash. They’re quick and easy to make and are sure to impress out-of-town guests or surprise visits from friends and family.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and season salt in a chilled bowl.
- Cut in slices of vegan butter with a fork. You want it to have lumps and not be evenly mixed in.
- Add soup and mix with a spatula until you can’t see any more flour.
- Place eight dollops of dough onto a large parchment-covered baking sheet (touching the dough the least amount possible) and bake for 24 minutes.
Sprinkle the tops with sea salt before baking or mix additional ingredients into the dough, such as vegan Cheddar-style cheeze, capers or vegan bacon bits.