This vegan instant pressure cooker risotto is a filling meal for meatless Monday or any weeknight when you need an easy dinner because it only takes 5 minutes of active time.
- Add a can of Amy’s Split Pea Soup and all of the spices to the instant pressure cooker: salt, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder (optional), onion powder (optional) and black pepper.
- Fill the empty soup can almost to the top with water and pour that into the instant pressure cooker. Or measure out 1 ½ cups or 375ml of water and pour that into the instant pressure cooker.
- Stir all the wet ingredients and spices together.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of rice over the top of the liquid. Do not stir it in.
- Set the instant pressure cooker to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally. This means do not manually release the pressure by changing the pressure valve from the sealing to the venting position.
- Remove the lid after the pressure has released naturally.
- Stir in two-thirds of the optional chopped parsley and save a little for garnishing the risotto later.
- Place the lid back on, but do not lock it in place. Just set it there loosely.
- Let the risotto rest for about 40 minutes while the remaining liquid continues to infuse the rice and the sauce thickens.
- Serve your creamy risotto dish and garnish with optional remaining parsley.
To reheat leftover risotto, add a few tablespoons of water while you warm it.