This recipe was created by Susan, former Director of Marketing and Communications Planning for Amy's Kitchen. It’s been the star of her holiday table for years, and we hope it will quickly become a favorite at yours.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a pie pan, combine the flour, sugar and salt. In a small bowl, combine the oil and milk then pour over the flour mixture. Use a fork or your hands to combine the wet and dry then press the mixture to evenly distribute across the pie pan.
- Flute the crust edge with a simple “v crimp” — push from the inside with your left thumb while you pinch on the outside with your right thumb and forefinger.
- Prebake the crust at 375℉ for just 6 minutes. This will lightly “set” the crust and keep it flaky.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a food processor, or with a large mixing bowl and immersion blender, combine all ingredients and purée until very smooth. It will be somewhat thick. Pour into pie crust and smooth over the top.
- Bake until filling is set and firm, about 50 minutes. (If your crust begins to brown, cover it with a foil collar.)
- Cool pie before serving. (It’s actually at its best after a night in the fridge.)