Amp up your everyday quesadilla by filling it with not only roasted sweet potato but the extra sweet potato in Amy’s Organic Tortilla Soup. Dip the packed crisp tortillas into cooling sour cream and scatter with extra chiles if you can handle the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash the sweet potatoes and pierce all over with a fork . Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes until tender.
- Heat Amy's Organic Tortilla Soup in a small pot over low heat.
- Scoop out the flesh of the sweet potatoes and mash until smooth. Transfer to a bowl with the scallions and bell pepper. Use a slotted spoon to add the Tortilla Soup, reserving the liquid. Stir to combine.
- Divide and spread the mixture between 4 tortillas and top with shredded Cheddar. Place the remaining tortillas on top and gently press.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook each quesadilla one at a time for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway until golden on both sides.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream, sliced red chile, cilantro leaves and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Perfect party food and for feeding a crowd. Just double up the recipe if you need to!