Got leftover mashed potatoes from your holiday celebrations? Great! Reinvent them into crispy (and cheesy!) mashed potato waffles to enjoy alongside Amy’s Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque. It makes the perfect easy lunch after a busy day of cooking!
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. If waffle iron is not nonstick, spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, flour and 1 cup of cheese. Mix until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Add batter to waffle iron in batches, being careful not to overfill. Use the back of a spoon to make an indent in each “waffle” and add 1-2 tablespoons of cheese to each indent. Cover the cheese with potatoes then cook according to manufacturer's instructions, or until golden brown and crisp.* Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese, depending on the size of your waffle maker.
- While the waffles cook, heat soup in a large saucepan according to the directions on the can.
- Serve waffles alongside Amy’s Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque and top each with chives, if desired.
*Note: We cooked our waffles for 7 minutes.
Cooking for a gluten free guest? Feel free to swap out the all-purpose flour for your favorite gluten free flour instead. Any leftover waffles can be frozen and reheated in the oven.