This is a delicious black bean dip with sautéed garlic, fresh lime juice, and a lively blend of seasonings and spices, like cumin and smoked paprika. This dip is perfect for parties and goes well with any variety of crudité or crackers.
- Add the beans to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Squeeze on the lime juice, add the onion and garlic powder to the bowl then set aside.
- Add the olive oil and chopped garlic to a skillet and bring to medium heat, stirring every so often with a spatula.
- Once the garlic begins to sizzle, stir often so it doesn’t burn.
- Cook for a good 5 to 6 minutes until the garlic becomes soft and golden.
- Lower the heat just a tad and add the oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast and smoked paprika.
- Continue to stir and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. The mixture will look thick and bubbly.
- Once your kitchen smells outrageous and the garlic is caramelized, transfer to the bowl of beans and scrape every last drop out.
- Mix everything together vigorously.
- Give it a taste and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to your liking.
- Transfer to a pretty bowl and garnish with a dusting of smoked paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
For Timothy’s simple crostini recipe and other fun dipping ideas, check out his blog.
You can make this in advance and keep it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.