- 1. Mocha Frosting
- 2. Orange Cake with whipped pinapple topping!
- 3. Choc-imisu
- 4. Frosty Fudgy Banana Bliss
- 5. Chocolate Better Breakfast Sandwich
- 6. Sunny & Sweet Maple Morning Toast
- 7. Orange Cake Trifle with Cherries
- 8. Vegan Chunky Monkey Brownies
- 9. Mason Jar Key Lime Pie
Mocha Frosting for Chocolate Cake
2 1/2 C Powdered Sugar (sift if lumpy)
2-3 T Butter
2 T Sweet Ground Chocolate (Cocoa Powder)
Hot Coffee (Freshly made)
Add the coffee by the spoonful a little at a time stirring it in. Spoon coffee directly over the butter to melt it. If you add too much the frosting will be a little thin. Just add more powdered sugar & a touch of cocoa powder to adjust. Chopped walnuts are a delicious topping with this recipe on a chocolate cake or brownie.
Orange Cake with whipped pinapple topping!
Take one container whipped topping and mix in a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then mix in a small can of crushed pineapple with the juice and 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Let it chill for an hour and top your Amy's Orange Cake. Enjoy!
submitted by: Jennifer
1. Cut chocolate cake into 6 slices.
2. Prepare instant sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding according to instructions.
3. Dissolve 2 tsps. of instant coffee into 4 Tbsps. of hot water
4. Stir coffee mixture into pudding
5. Place 3 cake slices together on a platter
6. Top with half of the pudding mixture
7. Cover with the remaining 3 cake slices.
8. Top with the remaining pudding.
9. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
10. Serve this gourmet-your-way masterpiece to rave reviews!
Frosty Fudgy Banana Bliss
1. Slice 2 bananas, place the slices in a plastic bag, and freeze until firm.
2. Cut large slices of chocolate cake and top with the frozen banana slices.
3. Heat the cake slices in the microwave until the slices are warm and the frozen bananas are just beginning to thaw.
4. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
5. Enjoy this melty, gooey, fudgy, fabulous dessert!
Chocolate Better Breakfast Sandwich
1. Cut 2 large slices of chocolate cake.
2. Spread 1 slice with peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter).
3. Top with thinly sliced bananas.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Cover with the 2nd cake slice to make a sandwich.
6. Enjoy this very delicious, surprisingly nutritious sandwich on-the-go
Sunny & Sweet Maple Morning Toast
1. Cut large slices of orange cake and toast until light golden brown.
2. Take a 6-oz. container of Greek yogurt and mix with 1 Tbsp. of orange juice and 2 Tbsps. of maple syrup
3. Top toasted cake slices with sweetened yogurt and more maple syrup, if desired
4. Serve for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or just because!
Orange Cake Trifle with Cherries
1 Amy’s Orange Cake, defrosted
2 cups whipped cream (regular or non-dairy)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups cherries, fresh or frozen, defrosted
1. combine whipped cream with ground ginger. If using whipped cream from a canister, dispense it into a separate bowl and combine with ginger.
2. cut up Orange cake into 1” cubes
3. layer a 1/3 of the cake on the bottom of a 6” diameter glass bowl. Add a layer of 1/2 of the whipped cream, and top with 1/3 of the cherries. Next layer should be 1/3 of the cake followed by the remaining whipped cream. Final layer should combine the remaining cake with cherries. Serve within two hours of making so the cake does not get soggy.
Vegan Chunky Monkey Brownies
Makes 9 brownies
What You Need:
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon arrowroot (or 2 ¼ teaspoon cornstarch)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup dried banana chips, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons dried coconut, shredded
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch square pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, oil, water, and vanilla. Sift in flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot, baking powder, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Evenly scatter banana chips, chocolate chips, cashews, and coconut over top and press gently with hands.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the center. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting with a sharp knife into nine squares.
Mason Jar Key Lime Pie
For the Crust
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup coconut
3 medjooled dates (pitted)
3 tsp maca powder
Pinch of sea salt
Whiz all crust ingredients together in food processor. The crust will not be solid when finished, it’s more crumbly! If you want it more solid, use more dates.
Use 2 heaping TBSP per mini mason jar
For the Top
2 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 – 2 limes – if you are using actual key limes you will have to use a few more. A little under 1/4 cup lime juice.
Zest of one of limes
1-2 TBSP honey or sweetener of choice (or enough to your taste)
Put all top ingredients together in food processor and whiz together until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. You may like it sweeter, or want more lime or lime zest at this point!
Spoon 2 TBSP on top of crust.
Awesome breakfast or snack – plus it freezers awesome (and will help avocado stay green– so would be a great snack to send with the kids in their lunch kits – as it should be thawed by lunch time!