Diet Plan: Conclusion
Our hope is that by following the Amy’s Diet Plan you have not only lost weight, but that you have trained your body to be satisfied with smaller portions. Along the way, you have found easy ways to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your meals. Eating breakfast is often overlooked and by following this plan, you may have realized how it helps to curb hunger and prevent overeating. A body that is well-nourished with a varied diet of proteins, grains and fresh produce is satisfied and has more energy.
Amy’s meals and snacks include a variety of whole, real foods and can easily be worked into your continued, healthy eating plan, whether you continue with our diet over an extended period, create your own diet, or work with a dietician.
What do you do next?
- Our customers have told us that by simply eating an Amy’s Meal for lunch they have slowly lost weight. This is a simple change that will have measured benefits over time.
- When preparing a home cooked meal, serve your food on smaller plates to reduce your portions.
- Keep hydrated by drinking lots of water. Read about why Water is better than soda.
Avoid sodas, too many sweets, high fat dairy and fried foods.
Eat lots of whole grains, salads, vegetables and fruits.
- If you are craving a soda, mix sparking water with a splash of fruit juice.
- Jorge Cruise explains why it is important to eat dinner early and then to avoid eating afterwards. “When the sun goes down each day, your body’s temperature begins to slow down, readying you for sleep…If you eat just before bedtime, you take too much food to bed with you, your digestive system keeps you awake as it breaks down your food and your body spend its energy on digestion rather than on repairing and firming your lean muscle tissues.” He adds, “Your goal is to make sure that you recuperate during sleep rather than waste your rest on digestion”.*
- Fresh or frozen fruit always makes a wonderful desert.
Savor your food, eat slowly and enjoy the time with family and friends.
Don’t forget to continue walking.
Go on Rachel’s Beautiful Bowl Diet.
Rachel lost weight using what she called the “Beautiful bowl” diet. She ate all of her meals, including Amy’s meals, in one small beautiful bowl. Her portions were controlled by the size of the bowl and the meals were cherished because they were eaten out of a beautiful bowl.
Ideas for cooking at home.
Log on to Amys.com to view our growing recipe library.
- These simple recipes can help you cook a delicious meal using Amy’s products and a few other grocery items. Even if you do not consider yourself a gourmet chef, simple meals can be quickly prepared.
- Prepare some brown rice and veggies. Click here for the recipe.
- Michelle serves this simple pasta recipe at least once a week at her house. Click here for recipe.
*The 3-Hour Diet by Jorge Cruise. Pg 65