What is Amy's sustainability policy?
At Amy’s, sustainability is about taking care. We take care of people by making delicious food with integrity. And we work with care, aiming to reduce the environmental impact of our food, from field to fork.
Our Recipe for Sustainability starts with our care for people. The well-being of our employees and communities, our suppliers and farmers and the folks who eat our food guides the work we do every day.
We are passionately committed to making foods produced with integrity every step of the way. Our vegetarian menu uses the best ingredients we can find, from farmers and suppliers we trust. Our foods are always non-GMO, sourced organically whenever we can, and offer many alternatives for individuals with allergy sensitivities and other dietary needs.
We are all dependent on the health of our ecosystem. We recognize that our operations must continuously strive to reduce the environmental impact associated with the foods we make. This drives us to be more sustainable each year by improving the efficiency of our operations, reducing waste in our production systems and supply chain, and increasing our use of renewable energy and materials.
Amy’s Key Ingredients for Sustainability:
Taking care of people is at the heart of why we make food.
- We treat our employees like family, with honesty, inclusiveness and compassion.
- We work to create lasting cooperative partnerships with our farmers and suppliers.
- We give back to our local communities by volunteering and providing food and financial donations.
Amy’s makes delicious, low-impact, high-integrity food more accessible.
- We make only vegetarian, non-GMO foods, resulting in a lower environmental impact.
- We source only the highest quality ingredients and insist on organic whenever possible.
- We provide delicious, allergen-free options for people with sensitivities.
As a food company, we are mindful of the impact our business has on the environment and are always looking for ways to reduce it.
- We employ water, energy, Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol standards, and waste reduction efforts in our kitchens and offices.
- We drive improvement across our supply chain to address impacts beyond our company walls.
- We constantly seek ways to move from depletable to renewable energy and material resources.