With comforting chocolate cookies and a delectable orange-colored sweet potato toffee filling, this seasonal take on the traditional whoopie pie is the perfect dessert to serve on Halloween and over the holidays.
- Bake the sweet potato in a 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes until tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, take the sweet potato pulp out, place in a medium bowl and sprinkle with allspice.
- Place the vegan marshmallows and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds to carefully soften. Mix gently.
- Fold the marshmallow-coconut mixture gently into the mashed sweet potato to keep it light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream. Place the mixture into a piping bag and immediately pipe a large dollop of the sweet potato mixture onto the bottom cookie. Add some crushed toffee candy then add the top cookie.
You can buy your favorite chocolate cookies and fill them with the sweet potato filling. It will take half the time compared to baking cookies from scratch and come out simply beautiful! To add a wintery look, you can dust them with powdered sugar.