These vegan cupcakes are out of this world! Serve these to guests and you’ll be set to throw the best party in the universe! Great for kids and adults alike.
- Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Unwrap three Dreamy candy bars. Cut each bar diagonally so you end up with 24 triangle-shaped pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine vinegar and nondairy milk, stir and let sit.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add oil, sugar and vanilla to the nondairy milk mixture and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients, mixing continuously. Stop mixing when you can no longer see any dry ingredients.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway.
- Stick a triangular piece of Dreamy bar into each cupcake.
- Bake for 18 minutes. When you insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake and it comes out clean, remove from oven. Set pans on cooling racks for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans and set them directly on the cooling racks to finish cooling completely.
Vegan Buttercream Frosting
- For best results, let ingredients reach room temperature before using them.
- Whisk shortening and vegan butter for 1 minute with an electric or stand mixer.
- Sift in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing for at least one minute between each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix for two more minutes.
- Divide the frosting into four bowls.
- Add food coloring to each bowl and mix well. Use any colors you like. This recipe uses black, purple and blue to make silver, blue and purple. When you make the black color, add 4 tablespoons of sifted cocoa powder. This will help you get black without using an entire bottle of food coloring.
- Place four or five single-colored piping bags inside of a large piping bag with a star tip.
- Pipe swirls of frosting onto each cupcake. The first cupcake won’t look great because it takes a little while for the colors to start swirling together. If you’re worried about having an ugly one, start piping on a plate until the frosting starts to look good.
- Top with vegan sprinkles.
- Chill cupcakes and remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Check out vegandollhouse.com for more recipes like this.
Make these cupcakes in advance and store them in the freezer overnight. When ready to eat, take them out of the freezer and let sit until cupcakes soften.