Current Press Releases
For press inquiries, contact Debby Fortune at 510.548.1097 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amy's Product News
- Amy’s Launches Six New Meals with Global Flavors
- Amy’s Kitchen Recalls Various Products Because of Possible Health Risk
- Amy's Makes Gluten Free Easier with Two New Products
- Warm up Wintertime with Amy’s Hearty, Organic Soups
- Amy’s Soups and Beans for Happy, Healthy Kids
- Stock the Winter Pantry with Versatile Amy’s Soups
- Be the Family that Eats Together: Amy's New Family Size Entrees
- Desserts for Everyone! Gluten Free Biscotti and Brownies
- Hot News: Cool Off with Amy's Organic, Vegan Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- The Latest in Light & Lean
- Sweet! Organic Andy's Dandy Candy Bars are Rainforest Certified
- Mmmm! Meatless Meatballs and Meatless Sausages
- Vegan Soups to Warm Your Soul
Amy's Company News
All About Amy's
Meet Amy’s Hottest New Frozen Treat: Organic Vegan Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
Santa Rosa, California – Amy's, the nation's top-selling brand of natural and organic convenience foods now celebrating its 25th anniversary, is launching a brand new frozen food category, Amy’s Organic Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts. Amy’s has found a way to make a frozen, certified vegan dessert that has the luscious, velvety texture and flavor of super- premium dairy ice cream but none of the milk or eggs in its ingredients.
All four new flavors – dark Chocolate, creamy Vanilla with real vanilla bean, refreshing Mint Chocolate Chip and rich Mocha Chocolate Chip – are made with healthful, cholesterol-free organic coconut milk. Amy’s proprietary technique combined with high-quality, organic ingredients, keeps the coconut flavor in the background, resulting in a sumptuous frozen creation that will fool even traditional dairy ice cream fans.
“We are so excited to bring this vegan-certified treat to our customers that we can’t stop smiling,” says company co-founder Rachel Berliner (Amy's mom). “We know our fans will be pleased with this playful indulgence we've made for them.”
Amy's Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts (SRP: $6.99/pint) will be ready for retail purchase just in time for the warmest days of summer and early fall. Made with organic coconut milk and sweetened with agave syrup, the new desserts are vegan certified, organic, non-GMO, non-dairy, gluten free, and Kosher Pareve. The new line is made with the same care, quality and love for which Amy's foods are known.
What inspired Amy's to make a non-dairy frozen dessert? Amy's cousin Anna tried an extraordinary non-dairy frozen dessert at a vegan restaurant called Plant in North Carolina. Anna's husband, a conventional ice cream fan, couldn't believe the dessert was non-dairy. The two were so blown away by the recipe that they enlisted Amy's to bring this amazing dessert discovery to a wider audience. Thanks to Plant, Amy's now has four remarkable non-dairy desserts.
Amy's non-dairy frozen dessert makes a great complement to Amy's other frozen offerings. Try scooping this creamy new treat over Amy's Organic Gluten Free Brownies or Amy’s Organic Apple Pie. Or sandwich it between slices of Amy’s Organic Gluten Free Non Dairy Chocolate Cake for the ultimate vegan frozen dessert sammie. Just for fun, try scooping it into cones at a party and see who you can fool into thinking it's regular ice cream!