Current Press Releases
For press inquiries, contact Debby Fortune at 510.548.1097 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amy's Product News
- Amy’s Launches Six New Meals with Global Flavors
- Amy’s Kitchen Recalls Various Products Because of Possible Health Risk
- Amy's Makes Gluten Free Easier with Two New Products
- Warm up Wintertime with Amy’s Hearty, Organic Soups
- Amy’s Soups and Beans for Happy, Healthy Kids
- Stock the Winter Pantry with Versatile Amy’s Soups
- Be the Family that Eats Together: Amy's New Family Size Entrees
- Desserts for Everyone! Gluten Free Biscotti and Brownies
- Hot News: Cool Off with Amy's Organic, Vegan Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- The Latest in Light & Lean
- Sweet! Organic Andy's Dandy Candy Bars are Rainforest Certified
- Mmmm! Meatless Meatballs and Meatless Sausages
- Vegan Soups to Warm Your Soul
Amy's Company News
All About Amy's
URGENT FOOD RECALL ALLERGY ALERT
Amy’s Kitchen Inc. Issues Allergy Alert and Voluntary National Recall due to Possible Undeclared Milk in Tofu Scramble in a Pocket Sandwich; Lot Code H148
For Immediate Release: Santa Rosa, California, November 6, 2008. Amy’s Kitchen Inc. of Santa Rosa, California is voluntarily recalling Tofu Scramble in a Pocket Sandwich Lot 10 H148, because of the presence of milk in a product that is labeled non-dairy. The 4.0 oz net wt frozen product, sold in U.S. grocery stores, comes in a retail package labeled as Amy’s Tofu Scramble in a Pocket Sandwich. The code date printed in white on the easy open zipper end is
10 H148 A,B,C or D
The products could cause an allergic reaction if consumed by any individuals allergic to milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to dairy products run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product. Consumers without milk allergies can safely consume the product.
The recall was initiated after one report of an allergic reaction due to this product, which was not labeled as containing dairy ingredients. Testing has shown the presence of milk.
No other products or code dates of Amy’s Kitchen products are affected by this recall.
Consumers allergic to milk should contact Amy’s Kitchen for a replacement or refund. The product is distributed to retailers only. Retailers are instructed to destroy the affected product.
Amy's Kitchen is cooperating with FDA and will also issue an alert via the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network.
For instructions or questions, consumers may call the company collect: 707-568-4500 and ask for the consumer services department at ext 4571. Consumers who are not allergic to milk ingredients can consume the product or call for a full refund.
To speak with someone at Amy's Kitchen, please contact us at: 707.568.4500 ext 4571