The Best Way To Enjoy Raw Kale
Kale is a super food that has been shown to lower the chances of 6 different types of cancer. It is anti-inflammatory and is a vitamin rich anti-oxidant, high in vitamins K, A and C.
To improve the texture and soften the taste of kale, give it a massage before eating!
What you need:
- One bunch of kale with the ribs removed (the big center part) and chopped into ribbons
- A few pinches of fine, sea salt
- Clean hands
- Add kale and sea salt to a large bowl. (use approximately 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt for every 2 cups of chopped kale.)
- Massage the salt into the kale for 2-3 minutes by simply kneading with your hands, turning, tossing the kale to break it down. (It should be reduced in size roughly by one-third when you are finished).
- Rinse the kale and drain water.
- This rubbed version is ready to use in a salad. Try the Quinoa Kale Salad on our recipe page.