Administers and performs various sensory tasks including facilitation of the daily tasting. Executes key aspects of diverse Sensory programs including the standards, shelf life evaluation, cooking instruction development, and photography programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates, prepares and participates in the daily tasting.
- Performs taste panel coordination.
- Manages Standards program inventory tracking and organization.
- Identifies differences from expectations/standards.
- Works on cooking instruction development and testing.
- Monitors trends in sensory attributes to help prevent any product “drift” from established standards and alerts Sensory Supervisor if any are observed.
- Provides solutions to problems encountered with products and procedures.
- Develops and executes training of various plant staff.
- Troubleshoots sensory issues.
- Coordinates the collection and shipping of samples for sensory evaluation or outside lab analysis.
- Collects samples for photography program.
- Leads special sensory projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sensory Supervisor.
- Knowledge of food, cooking, flavors, ingredients, etc
- Ability to discern a wide variety of flavors and odors; sensitive taste buds and good sensory skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining consistency
- Ability to perform analysis, record and report key information to management
- Detail oriented
- Works well with others
- Intermediate math skills
- Intermediate keyboard and computer skills, including spreadsheets
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalant combination of education and experience.
Send resume and cover letter with "Sensory Coordinator" in subject heading to