Senior System Administrator - Networking
Department: Information Services
Reports To: IT Operations Manager
Works with the IT Operations Manager and other Administrators to implement, maintain and support the information technology networking infrastructure at Amy’s Kitchen. Administers and maintains routers, switches, firewalls, data and voice network lines and phone systems in full working order, as directed by the IT Operations Manager. Implements and maintains various other software, hardware and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the day-to-day administration of Amy’s network infrastructure. Proactively ensures connectivity to servers, services, and networks are in optimal condition. Monitors and maintains system and security logs. Applies all applicable security updates.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with network, including routers, switches, data and voice cabling and other related hardware.
- Assists IT Operations Manager in researching, developing, and proving out new networking technologies and security strategies.
- Advises IT Operations Manager on current issues and challenges encountered, and makes recommendations for resolutions. Seeks guidance from IT Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains procedure manuals for all aspects of job duties. Documents administration history of hardware and software systems according to department policy. Follows relevant documented procedures and policies during the course of performing all duties.
- Depending on requirements of the tasks at hand, works both independently and jointly with other Administrators to accomplish duties assigned.
- Keeps informed on present and new technologies and related issues via various channels such as trade publications, peer groups, mailing lists, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Operations Manager.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- At least five years of relevant experience is required.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must possess considerable knowledge of networking hardware, software and best practices.
- At least five years of experience as a responsible administrator a multi-site network.
- Some experience with directory management and knowledge of Samba/CIFS and/or other networked file systems.
- In depth knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, IMAP, LDAP, CIFS, SNMP, and SSH.
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Cisco networking systems.
- Ability to capture and analyze network traffic.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols.
- In depth knowledge of firewalls, network security concepts, wireless technologies, WAFS devices, and VPN-related technologies.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot communications cabling. Ability to create basic HTML and XML files
To Apply -
Send resume and cover letter with "Senior System Administrator - Networking" in subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org