Quality Assurance Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Management of quality inspection, testing and approval process.
• FDA regulatory compliance including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as related to manufacturing, storage and distribution.
• Verify process and product compliance with National Organics Program requirements.
• Utilization of inspection and other feedback to initiate root cause problem solving
• Produces and/or arranges for compiling and distribution of QA reporting for key results.
• Continuous Improvement tasks.
• Provide technical support to other members of the Quality Assurance and Technical Services department.
• Respond to Customer Service questions concerning quality issues.
• Create, develop or devise procedures and specifications.
• Provide assistance and key support to Receiving, Manufacturing, Shipping, Purchasing, Marketing and Customer Service.
• This position is “on-call” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for issues ranging from packaging to fulfillment, labeling issues to product assessment, interpretation of standards, and additional situations as necessary.
• Evaluate existing products, processes and components employed in the current operation and provide input regarding new items under development.
• Establish and maintain programs and procedures that insure the safety of food products manufactured within the facility, and for safe handling of all food products within the corporation.
• Development and supervision of company wide food safety programs with emphasis on training, food handling and maintenance of sanitary conditions in food manufacturing, distribution and storage locations.
• Responsible for management and follow up on outside audits by third party auditors, such as Silliker and state and federal government food safety inspection agencies.
• Work closely with personnel to assure that a "world class" level of cleanliness is maintained throughout all production and warehouse facilities.
• Responsible for monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the pest control operation on campus and in leased facilities.
This position will supervise 4-6 QA Supervisors.
• Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Technology with a concentration in QA/QC; or a degree in a related Life Science from a four-year college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five years management experience in QA/QC; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send resume and cover letter with "QA Manager" in subject heading to email@example.com