The materials planner is responsible for purchasing in raw materials to support the production plan according to established procedures, practices and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create purchase orders and blanket purchase releases for materials required by production. Materials are to be purchased from approved suppliers, and be delivered on time for production. The materials requirements may come from planned orders in the MRP planning system, or from a longer range forecast.
• Create transfer orders to move materials between storage warehouses and to the plant
• Schedule deliveries of raw materials with the warehouse
• Manage inventory volumes of all planned items to target levels
• Review planning settings for items and request updates
• Regularly review action messages in the planning system to determine if there are any problems to be addressed
• Ensure Purchase Orders contain accurate pricing, quantities and delivery dates
• Identify aging and obsolete materials inventory and create plans to use up or dispose of.
• Backup for other planning roles as required.
• All other duties as required
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
There are no subordinate supervisors reporting to this job.
• Strong computer skills.
• Microsoft Excel – 3 years.
• Oracle BI, ASCP – 3 years.
• Strong English Skills (both written and verbal) required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Some planning or APICS courses preferred.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the words "Materials Planner" in the subject heading.