The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall administration of the Maintenance Department. It is the Manager’s responsibility to ensure that the Department is following Company rules and guidelines. In addition the Maintenance Manager must direct the Maintenance personnel in order to maintain and repair a variety of manufacturing/processing/packaging equipment. Establishes and maintains schedules and controls to provide continuous, preventive, routine and emergency repairs to all manufacturing equipment and building structures. This requires that activities be self-initiated and self-directed, as well as responsive to needs as defined. Advises and provides technical data required to implement maintenance programs for existing and new equipment; must also have good electrical, pneumatic and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Must be detail oriented, have excellent personal skills, and possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empowers Maintenance personnel to perform repairs and maintenance activities for material handling and food processing equipment and to all building structures and grounds.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance program including scheduling of service or repair work for each piece of equipment. Regularly measures effectiveness of program by a continuous reduction in plant mechanical downtime year after year.
- Develops and maintains spare parts inventory including supplies. Responsible for establishing stock status, minimum and maximum and maximum inventory levels (reorder point). Regularly measures effectiveness of program by a continuous reduction in plant downtime (waiting for expedited parts) year after year.
- Develops and maintains an effective work order process, optimizing work order system capabilities and available resources. Regularly measures effectiveness of program by a continuous reduction of work order cycle time and by a continuous improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Manages the coordination of the maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and of all refrigeration equipment
- Provides necessary training and coaching to Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining agreed-upon staff levels.
- Takes responsibility of interviewing and hiring process for new hires.
- Follows guidelines in Manager’s Handbook regarding progressive disciplinary process. Trains and empowers team to coach and discipline team members according to Manager’s Handbook policies.
- Provides activity and project status report to the Plant Manager due at the end of each month. This will be done through a project summary memo.
- Develops and maintains Maintenance department budget.
- Conducts studies of existing equipment problems; analyzes alternative solutions, and provides conclusions and recommendations to the Plant Manager.
- For minor projects using outside services (contractors), the Manager must develop project specifications; conduct pre-bid information meetings with contractors, gather contractor bids, analyze and award bids, and schedule and supervise equipment installations.
- Ensures department staffing is optimized throughout the week, balancing both department labor costs with the needs of the customer.
- On all projects over $5,000.00, obtains three competitive bids; explains any exceptions to this process to the Plant Manager.
- Consistently follows company contractor policy with regards to food safety and personnel safety.
- Coordinates all project activities between Department/contractor and the plant departments involved. Ensures that all Company rules are enforced, as well as, local, state and federal laws, (i.e. OSHA).
- Conducts daily (or as needed) information and planning meetings on major projects/events requiring the coordination of activities with other departments, Amy’s personnel, or contractors.
- Provides technical support to all plant departments on an as-needed basis.
- Takes responsibility for department safety record. Critically monitors Maintenance personnel's adherence to safety rules—including following lockout/tag out procedures during repair, adjustments and servicing of equipment—and seeks ways to continuously improve safety awareness and accountability. Follows progressive disciplinary process to correct unsafe acts.
- Ensures department staff complies with the rules and regulations set forth in Amy's Kitchen Inc. employee handbook, safety manual, the GMP booklet, and HACCP program.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- BS Degree in Engineering from four-year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor / Manager in a similar manufacturing environment is required.
- Proficiency with PLC’s, Servo system troubleshooting/programming recommended.
- Proficiency in interpreting electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings is recommended.
To Apply -
Send resume and cover letter with "Maintenance Manager" in subject heading to email@example.com